The aim of Spark Angels is to facilitate funding for BITSian startups seeking seed stage investment in the range of INR 2.5 million – 20 million. Spark Angels sets the stage for an intensive interaction between budding startups and angel investors, and supports the entire investment process from scratch. The angels come from diverse backgrounds and the platform is completely sector agnostic.
Since its inception, Spark has been involved in the seed level funding of BITSian ventures like Grey Orange Robotics, Exotel, Frame Bench etc. All of these startups have subsequently showcased impressive levels of traction post the seed-fund phase;
- Grey Orange is now a regular recruiter in some of the premier technical institutes of India after raising a Series A funding of USD 10 million from Tiger Global.
- Exotel has already completed its first acquisition
- Framebench’s clientele included more than 50,000 individuals and about 1,000 companies, including Unilever France, HBO and Isentia. It is slated to help the Republican Party with the 2016 US Presidential election campaign.
- SolarTown already had an installed capacity of 100 kW and had a target of 1 MW for the FY 2014-15.
- E-gmat has students from over 45 countries, and has shown a 150% YoY growth on a consistent basis.
- Tabtor raised USD 1 million in seed funding.
- Gigstart saw an investment of USD 200,000 from a host of investors that included Snapdeal co- founders Kunal Bahl & Rohit Bansal, Rajesh Sawhney(GSF) among others.
- Eltropy a B2B sales SaaS start up is slated to grow at 400% this financial year and is already serving multiple clients in the billion dollar segment.
- IR 1: GreyOrange Robotics, Exotel, Framebench
- IR 2: eGMAT, Tabtor, Solartown
- IR 3: Gigstart (Pluss)
- IR 4: Eltropy
- IR 5: Intellivision
- IR 6: Tala, DoctorC
- Off cycle – AppsFly.io, Akitra, 6d